Thursday 17 July 2008

Libby Brooks from the guardian: Women never lie about rape; there's an epidemic of rape; blah, blah, blah...

Woman's Hour presenter Jenni Murray's memoir, published this week, is her disclosure that, when a drama student, she was raped by a much older actor...
...But I was curious to know why a woman who spent the rest of her career facilitating - among many other things - the open discussion of sexual violence, did not choose to reveal her own encounter with it until now...

...the majority of rapes and sexual assaults in this country are still not reported; only around 5% of those that are result in a successful prosecution...

153 comments and counting. It's time to weigh-in on this one boys. I'm just a little disturbed to note that CiF comments are now pre-moderated; following anti-MRA complaints by femmies, no doubt.

::: Please report in 'comments' whether any of your posts are appearing :::

6 comments:

Libertarian said...

Curse those guardian scum! Now that they're pre-moderating comments, not a single one of mine has been included. I've left 3 in the past few hours.

BrusselsLout said...

I've just had a posting of mine removed at the behest of a feminist disagreeing with me.

It's hard to debate in these circumstances.

But I'll say this for the report. It's more thoughtful than the usual bang-em-all-up philosophy we've had thrust upon us for 25 years.

BrusselsLout said...

Following on from yesterday, NONE of my postings are now appearing. This is the first time this has happened on CiF.

I've just tried to post on a topic completely unrelated to feminism (a debate on whether Thatcher should have a state funeral) and my posting didn't appear. I tried several times. But comments from other people posting after me were appearing.

It's possible that MRA's are slowly getting blocked out. Feminist writers have made it clear time and again they don't like people standing against them.

Libertarian said...

"I've just tried to post on a topic completely unrelated to feminism (a debate on whether Thatcher should have a state funeral) and my posting didn't appear. I tried several times. But comments from other people posting after me were appearing."

They probably know who the 'troublemakers' are and simply delete our posts without bothering to read them. It appears as though CiF has gone the way of the Daily Mail. I find this extremely annoying!

I guess that just leaves us with The Times?

BrusselsLout said...

Discovered that comments do eventually appear on Cif, but they are pre-moderated in a minority of cases like mine and of other perceived louts. (As you said a few days ago Lib.)

They seem to be done at a certain time of the day. (Today it was around lunchtime.) I made a few postings at different times this morning (on David Cameron's attack on alcoholics), but they all appeared roughly at the same time later on -- only with their correct time of posting and in their right positions relative to other postings.

Libertarian said...

Having read your last post I just checked to see if my comments had appeared; which they haven't!